All of the information about Blickle products in this catalogue must be taken into consideration when evaluating the liability and obligations of the manufacturer regarding its products, particularly in accordance with Section 4 of the Product Liability Act and Section 3(2) of the Product Safety Act. The manufacturer will not be liable if this information is not complied with.
1.0 Product information and intended use
Wheels and castors are deﬁned as components that are exchangeable and can be attached to units, furniture, transport systems or similar products to render them mobile.
This product information relates to wheels and castors, particularly passively-steered castors (swivel castors), for vehicles and equipment that are temporarily moved by hand (objects) at no faster than walking pace (4 km/h) and not for permanent operation.
Within the context of this product information, wheels and castors are used in the following areas:
- e.g. seating, domestic furniture
- general services, e.g. trolleys, ofﬁce furniture
- hospitals, e.g. hospital beds
- e.g. transport units for medium and heavy loads
Intended use includes proper installation:
a) The product must be fastened to the object at all available points
b) The object must be adequately stable at these points.
c) The installation must not impede or alter the functionality of the product.
d) Swivel castors must be installed in such a way that they pivot around a vertical axis.
e) Fixed castors must be installed in such a manner that their wheel axles are aligned.
f) All castors on an object must have the same mounting height. In case fixed castors are also fitted, only the castors recommended by the manufacturer for this purpose may be installed.
g) Wheels made of thermoplastic polyurethane (TPE) contain oil and can cause contact discoloration on sensitive surfaces.
Special versions must be used for wet rooms, applications in the vicinity of the sea, equipment exposed to the elements or in aggressive environments that lead to increased corrosion.
Unless a further temperature range for standard products is specified in our respective current catalog or on our website www.blickle.com, Blickle products are suitable for use in a temperature range between 5°C and 30°C. For use outside this temperature range, the products must be speciﬁed in special design. Standard products must not be exposed to the rated load under these conditions.
The wheel, bracket, brake and axle options form a single functional unit. Blickle only assumes liability for original products.
Clients must take all possible loads into consideration when selecting castors. If they are not taken into consideration, additional safety factors should be used (see Wheel and castor guide).
2.0 Incorrect use
The following situations are some examples where wheels and castors are being used incorrectly:
a) The wheels and castors are used to carry loads in excess of the maximum load capacity on our website in the catalogue.
b) The product is used on an unsuitable and uneven ﬂoor.
c) The product is used at temperatures that are too high or too low.
d) A unit is forcibly moved when the brake is activated or if the brake is used to slow down.
e) The product could be affected by particularly aggressive substances.
f) The product is affected by unusually severe loads as a result of impact or falls.
g) Foreign bodies could penetrate the press-on band.
h) The wheels and castors are operated at an excessively high speed.
i) Changes are made that were not approved by the manufacturer.
j) The wheels and castors are exposed to mechanical damage due to external factors or a collision.
k) Application of excessive lateral forces.
The locking of our locking casters of all series is not intended for securing transport and loading in trucks, cars or similar means of transport. Violation of this instruction may result in damage to the locking function.
3.0 Product performance
If no speciﬁc information is provided about product performance on our website or in our catalogues, brochures, service descriptions, etc., you must contact us to determine if our wheels and castors or their components meet your requirements.
Please refer to the relevant DIN, ISO and EN standards for guidance. Customer-specific designs may deviate from the requirements defined in the relevant standards.
Differing from the standard approach for wheels and castors, the brake forces of castors with brake systems are designed to ensure the optimal balance between high brake forces and low actuation forces.
4.0 Product maintenance
Recommended annual maintenance / inspection:
- Lubricant should be added once a year for products with a grease nipple until a small amount of grease comes out of the bearings. We recommend using a multi-purpose calcium complex based grease (such as Renolit CX-EP 2) with a temperature range of between -30°C and 140°C. We recommend using a different grease if the product is used in different application conditions.
- Check that all of the screw ﬁttings are secure.
- Check that the wheel, swivel head, lock, directional lock, brakes and other options are functioning properly.
- Check the play of the wheel bearing and swivel head, ideally in accordance with DIN EN 12530 to 12533. (ISO 22881 to ISO 22884)
- Check the air pressure of pneumatic tyres in accordance with our website or catalogue.
- Inspect solid rubber tyres and treads for wear and abrasion. For guidance: max. abrasion < 1/2 thread thickness.
We recommend performing the above measures more frequently if you are using the products in non-standard application conditions.
Cleaning agents may only be used if they do not contain any substances that may cause damage or corrosion
Castors and their components must be replaced as soon as they start functioning incorrectly.
5.0 Product conformity
Up-to-date information about guidelines and standards related to product safety requirements and technical market access requirements (e.g. ATEX, REACh, RoHS, PAK/GS) is available at www.blickle.com.
6.0 Obligation to provide information and instructions
In order to comply with our obligation to provide information, instructions and maintenance guidance in accordance with the Product Liability Act, we provide the following:
- for retailers:
catalogues and our website with product and user information
- for processors:
catalogues and our website with product and user information
- for users:
product and user information
Additional information is available on our website: www.blickle.com.
In order to make sure that wheels and castors function properly
- Retailers are obliged to comply with this product information (see 1.0–5.0) and the user information. They are also required to request this information from the manufacturer and pass it on to processors if necessary.
- Processors are obliged to comply with this product information (see 1.0–5.0) and the user information. They are also required to request this information from the manufacturer and pass it on to users if necessary.
Diagrams, drawings, dimensions, etc. are subject to change and are therefore provided on a non-binding basis. We reserve the right to make design-related changes in the interest of technical progress.